-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Marriah House Studio at the Portland Yard, Garden, and Patio Show

Want more whimsy in your life?  Look no further!  Marriah House Studio has got just what you need!  Love the fence post toppers!




Is this lamp base a flying fish or does she just have a fabulous hairdo?

I so admire the detail in these pieces.  Jeff and Donna Pinto, the husband and wife team who make all of this work, have only been doing ceramics for three years.  Can you believe it?


How can one not smile when encountering such bright and cheerful flowers?


Fish with attitude!

This one caught my eye!

The details are great and I like the contrast between the glossy glaze and matte finishes (colored slip?)

Even the edges of the leaf hold surprises.

These were fun.  Donna calls them "Martianmallows" because, "That's what marshmallows might look like on Mars."  They remind me of Milkweed seed pods. 


You may remember this piece, made by a different artist, that came from Hortlandia last year. 

They make an attractive couple but need a third object.
Check out the fourth image here.  Love it and it might work well with these two. Want to see more?  Jeff will be bringing work to the Best of the Northwest Show in Seattle later this month!  



17 comments:

  1. Finally I see something I liked at these shows. I wanted that fish lamp for my wannabe marine biologist son until I saw the price. I'm glad you left it on there. Oh, and I'll take the froggy on a post as well, ... and the flowers ... and maybe a martiamallow or two, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked these fun pieces! They made me smile!

      Delete
  2. Ohh some of them remings me of the lotus vases we got recently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their work was so fabulous! I love the seedpod that I bought from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great and such a departure from their flowers with faces.

      Delete
  4. Very interesting, especially the leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're amassing quite the art collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think of it as early gift shopping . When I'm retired, on a fixed income, and not so fond of shopping, at holidays & other occasions, I'll simply grab something from a shelf, wrap it up and give it away. Great way to downsize, too. Either that or I'll die when the hoard collapses on me.

      Delete
  6. Oh, man! I missed this entirely. Must send you in as the advance man on scouting missions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm often surprised when I see other bloggers' posts about events that I've attended as there's usually something that I missed. Always happy to scout for you - just tell me where you want to shop!

      Delete
  7. Cool! I love their stuff. I bought one of those wall pockets like in the first photo at the NWFG Show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their stuff is great and they seem like really nice people too!

      Delete
  8. Fishes, fishes, and I liked the pretty cheerful flowers! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the detail too, especially on the floral-looking pods. My mom would LOVE those fence toppers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this booth, made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The 'other artist' mentioned is Simplycomplicateddesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.