-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, August 1, 2016

Barone Garden Decor

Until they put a sign on their building that could be read from the freeway, we always thought of Barone Garden Decor as that place with a lot of pots.  The inventory of pots is so large that they make  a colorful statement from quite  a distance!  It's one of those places that one passes on the way to other destinations (Flower World, Molbak's) and promises to visit.  Last weekend, I made good on the promise.


Barone carries all manner of garden ornaments and pots, Asian, European, contemporary, and traditional, it's all here.

Is this a stunning ceramic set or what? 




The pot in front is already piped for water.  

Part of the hillside of pots.

Fountains are another specialty.

I wonder what this one looks like with water moving over it?  Because there are available outlets and water available, someone who was seriously curious could find out. 



What do you think of metallic gold glaze?  I admire it but pots this color in my shady garden seem to read as black once filled with and surrounded by plants.

Stepping stones!

Sleeping mother nature pots.

The birds here must be very clean.

Are their fairies at the bottom of your garden? 

Do you think that heron and raccoon would be frightened by one of these floating on a pond? 

Glorious color.

Water swirling down this twisted obelisk would be mesmerizing.  Of course, I'm also transfixed by watching the washing machine.  I was an easily entertained child.  Don't even get me started about the time, at a department store, I saw in motion a demonstration dishwasher that had  glass door.



The fun doesn't stop outside!  The interior of the building is filled with treasure!

This one, with it's open cut work is stunning. 

Colorful Talavera birdbaths.


Nothing says "welcome to my garden" quite like a zombie gnome popping out of the ground. 


Am I the only one who is thinking of the trees in The Wizard of Oz?  How would you plant this container? 
If you're looking for garden ornaments of most any kind, Barone has got you covered. Next time you're on highway 405 in Renton, be sure to visit!

26 comments:

  1. So how were there prices and what did you buy?

    The second photo from the top, with the blue blue sky, suddenly had me feeling sad. Here it is August 1st...summer is going by too fast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prices were fair. Not expensive but not bargain basement either. I got a couple of smallish (less than a foot) concrete eggs and some bird talon pot feet.

      Summer is flying by! Seems like we just got all of the pots hauled out for the season and all too soon it'll be time for them to come in again.

      Delete
  2. I found myself looking at the photos closely, they really have some gorgeous looking pots there with fab shapes and textures too! That pot with glorious colours, I want!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a cool pot? I want it too but my garden seems to be full.

      Delete
  3. I want. I want. I need deeper pockets. Very amusing. And oooh, wouldn't it be fun to have some of these items and make a night trail through the garden with motion sensitive lights coming on when you near them? Shivery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deeper pockets would be nice. Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket one of these days and enjoy the fantasy of winning.

      Delete
  4. What an amazing assortment of goodies. Love the blue and white table. I even like those bright birdbaths at the end of your post. Not really my style but so well done and different from what I see in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to go birdbath shopping, something simple, not ornate. Looks like some nice ones here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on up and shop! In your area there are probably even more options.

      Delete
  6. What a fun place. Although I only have 1 birdbath, I think you can never have too many. I'd love to spend an afternoon shopping and drinking coffee, or maybe something cool, trying to decide which 1 thing I would bring back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to look at all the choices. I have two birdbaths but over time they've cracked so that neither actually holds water anymore. Maybe I should do something about that.

      Delete
  7. That's an almost overwhelming selection. I'm sure I would have left with a lighter wallet and a heavier car. I did like the 'Wizard of Oz' planter but I'd have probably brought home one of those meditating frogs - they made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meditating frogs made me smile too. Oh to have more space and a heavier wallet!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for visiting for me! We see this place all the time when driving Hwy 410 and I think we did stop once a LONG time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How to make a choice when there is such an amazing selection! There were so many there that I liked but I would never be able to make up my mind, too much choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, I didn't need anything so it was fun to just look.

      Delete
  10. Fun place! Love the blue and white pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to live in Renton, and I work in Renton and I never knew this place existed! Sigh. I'll be sure to check it out one day soon. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Something for every taste there it seems, but I suspect there are not too many bargains to be found. Were those troughs near the end concrete or stone? Loved those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Concrete or clay but not not stone. They're very nice and I could see using them in lots of places.

      Delete
  13. One of those something for everyone kinda places. My senses are overloaded without even stepping foot in the place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. An amazing assortment of pots, so many to choose from. Not sure which one I would choose, it would be a tough decision.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Some things that aren't in the photos. A couple of little bit larger than ostrich-sized concrete eggs and some pot feet in the shape of bird talons.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.