-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Friday, December 23, 2016

There's No Business Like Snow Business


It was time again to make snowflakes for my church choir and coworkers.  Once again, I chose to use a pattern created by the talented Lani Neil.  What colors to use this year?    I settled on light blue irrid. green irrid. and pink  made by Portland's Uroboros Glass.

I love cutting glass!

Cut up, cleaned, and ready to assemble.


One load in the kiln ready to fire.  Cold nights are a great time to run a kiln.

Ready to hang.




Happy Friday all!

10 comments:

  1. Such a gift would make anyone break into song... very lucky choir members. It's been a couple of years since I saw your lovely flakes: do you really enjoy cutting glass? It seems potentially hazardous to me, but the result is quite amazing. Merry Christmas, Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, such a generous tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly beautiful! Portland's glass shops have been under siege lately for the pollution they produce. Hope they figure it out, as their products are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful and like all snowflakes, each one is different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I love giving stained glass as gifts, but I have never tried fusing. Your friends are very lucky! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, the things you can do, they are beautiful.
    Happy Christmas Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely lovely, you snowflakes must be shimmeringly beautiful when sunlight shines on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just beautiful!!!

    I want to thank you very much for your kind and comforting comment on my blog. It really touched my heart.

    I look forward to visiting here more and seeing what you are up to in your gardens and with your glass creations. I just signed up to get email notifications when you post something new. :-)

    Enjoy these last few days of 2016 and have a wonderful 2017.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.